Our 2022 NFL picks contest is now open. Each year we run a contest with real prizes, and this year the prize pool for the NFL contest alone is $10k, with a further $2k for CFB picks, $2k for MLB, and more to come for NHL and NBA picks next month.
How can I win?
To win the weekly or season long contest, you must make the most virtual profit on your picks.
As you may know if you've followed through the Summer, we have improved the way that coins work on Pickwatch after 2 years of assessing the performance of players in the initial version.
You no longer need to manage a balance, instead you can now place $0, $25, $50, $75 or $100 on any game you like using the real odds, regardless of how you have performed previously, meaning that every week you have a new chance to win, and the best players across the season will have proven they can pick well consistently.
The winners each week will be the players who make the most profit in each category - Moneyline, ATS, and points total over/under picks.
That means there are now 3 prizes to win in the NFL alone, and weekly prizes in each category.
How to enter
- Make your Moneyline, Spread and Points Total picks via the new Pickwatch app or on the Pickwatch/NFLPickwatch website.
- Select the amount you want to wager on each game from $0-$100, with $100 being most confident and $0 being least.
- When the game starts, your picks are locked in. When it ends, you will receive a profit if you won, and a loss if you did not. The profit will be based on the real life odds, so underdogs will yield a bigger profit than favorites.
- For example, if you wager $75 on a +110 underdog, you will make $82.50 in profit if they win. If they lose, you will get a loss of $75 (the amount you staked).
- At the end of the game week, the player who has returned the most profit that week in each category will win a $100 Amazon voucher.
- At the end of the season (after the Super Bowl on February 12th), the player with the most cumulative profit will win $1,000 in each category.
We know it can be hard to work out a strategy to win pick'em contests, that's why we exist! Here are our top tips to perform better:
- Don't place the maximum amount on every game!
You may have some good weeks doing this, but over a season, every game you lose, you will lose $100, whereas the games you win, you will likely make substantially less than this in profit due to the lower odds of favorites. Unless you're hitting on over 75% of your picks over the season, you will likely make a loss betting the max.
- Use Pickwatch Pro! It may sound obvious, but Upset Watch yielded over 3x the amount of profit of the best performing NFL expert last season.
Some users may prefer to know which underdogs have a good chance of yielding profit, others might reserve their bigger wagers for dead cert favorites chosen from our CPU algorithm. Pro gives you the best options for both strategies.
- Remember, you can make picks for every game, but you do not need to place a wager amount on them all.
Be clever about the games you avoid, and go harder towards the games you love.
- Follow the best experts and fans!
Again, Pro users always perform well in our contests because they can see the strategies of the best players in our tables.
- Check who is hot recently
Did you know that last December we introduced the 'custom date range' feature for Pro members - meaning you can check who has the best performance over the last 5 weeks, or over your own timeframe. Don't just follow the overall leader who is in a slump, check who is best right now.
That's it for the basic rules. Good luck, we can't wait to watch this contest play out, as we think it is the most fun game we've ever designed on Pickwatch, and offers the most chance for everyone to prove themselves.
For full terms and conditions, click here.